Equity Release - for more information, follow the link.
Managing your money can sometimes be a headache and the huge choice of financial products that are now available can often be confusing. You need to instruct an independent financial adviser who can advise on all the options and products rather than a limited range that many financial institutions provide. Our IFA can offer you truly independent financial advice with the added assurance that our Department is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority and authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority to conduct investment business.
All clients are offered the option of paying for advice by fees. This promotes independence and is different to the majority of high street institutions who sell commission-based products.
The first meeting is free and is designed for us to discuss your precise requirements and take the necessary details in order for us to be able to provide sound and accurate advice.
The following are some of the areas in which we specialise.
- retirement planning
- purchase of annuities
- inheritance tax planning
- equity release - follow this link for more information
- later life planning
- life assurance
The following are some typical examples of where financial services are frequently required, over and above routine savings :-
- Retirement: Various options arise at retirement. For example, do you take any available lump sum? If you have a money purchase fund, should you buy the annuity or take income drawdown? If pension planning is still in its early stages, do you need to pay higher contributions to achieve your target fund? Which pension do you choose? When purchasing an annuity with your pension savings it pays to obtain independent advice on whether this should be done from your pension provider or a more competitive deal may be obtained through our adviser. It is important to consider your health and lifestyle as this will affect the package that can be obtained from the provider.
- Investments: It is important to ensure that your existing investments are reviewed regularly, we suggest at least annually, so that your aims will be reached and your funds are fully diversified.
- Inheritance Tax Planning: Do you have an estate which will attract Inheritance Tax? If so, how can you try to mitigate this liability? Is your family protected if you die prematurely?
- Divorce: How will any divorce impact on your savings and pension arrangements in particular. How do you get the best price for your endowment if this has to be surrendered? Have you considered insuring the life of your ex-partner in respect of maintenance payments?
The range and complexity of financial products available today mean that few people have the time and resources to keep abreast of all the options, or the expertise to choose between competing products. Independent financial advice can help you progress from where you are today to where you aim to be in the future.
Contact us on 01204 540900 for a no strings attached discussion about how we can help.