At Fieldings Porter we understand that our help is required at some of the most difficult times in people’s lives. Our experienced team of family solicitors can offer prompt, practical and sympathetic advice tailored to your individual needs and requirements in the following areas:
- Divorce & associated financial matters
- Dissolution of Civil Partnership & associated financial matters
- Financial matters following separation after cohabitation (unmarried couples)
- Pre-nuptial agreements
- Separation agreements
- Cohabitation or Living Together agreements for unmarried couples
- The arrangements for children including, Child Arrangement Orders, Prohibited Steps Orders, Specific Issues Orders, Special Guardianship Orders, Parental Responsibility and Parenting Plans
- Where there is local authority children’s services involvement with children such as Pre-proceedings meetings, Care and Interim Care Orders, Supervision and Interim Supervision Orders, Emergency Protection Orders, Police Protection Orders, Placement Orders or if a child is on the Child Protection Register
- Domestic abuse for example, harassment, injunctions, Non-Molestation Orders and Occupation Orders
Sometimes being able to advise effectively on Family Law issues involves knowledge and understanding of other areas of law. For example, in a divorce where one spouse is a shareholder of a company or business, advice regarding a Will or the tax implications of a particular transaction might be required. Here at Fieldings Porter, our family solicitors can call on the wealth of expertise of colleagues from our other departments to ensure that the advice given is the most appropriate for your circumstances and is tailored specifically to you.
Our experienced team includes members of the Law Society Family Law Accreditation Scheme, the Law Society Family Law Advanced Accreditation Scheme (Children Law Private & Violence in the Home), the Law Society Children Law Accreditation Scheme and Resolution.
We recognise that people are often concerned about how they will fund legal advice or representation. We have therefore made our services as affordable as possible and we now offer fixed fees in the following areas:-
- Divorce and Dissolution of a Civil Partnership (both for the Petitioner and the Respondent)
- Financial matters arising out of a divorce/dissolution of a Civil Partnership
- Arrangements for children
- Some other areas by agreement
For more information on our fees and terms and conditions please click here.
We also appreciate that thinking about what steps you should be taking, for example, after a relationship breakdown or contact from children’s services, is a daunting prospect with many people, understandably, not knowing where to start. With this in mind we offer a consultation of up to an hour with one of our solicitors which is followed up by a written letter of advice for £150 inclusive of VAT.
We also remain committed to offering legal aid to our clients wherever possible and in some areas of family law legal aid is still available which means that, in certain cases, you may be entitled to free legal advice. If you think you may be eligible for legal aid please use the Online Eligibility Calculator to find out, or alternatively give us a call.