Professional negligence claims solicitors in Manchester
Professional advice and services are often essential, both for business purposes and in our personal lives. However, if the advice or services you receive are not of an acceptable professional standard, it can have a serious negative impact on your business or personal affairs, including the potential to cost you a lot of money.
If you have been let down by a professional, we can advise you on your options and help you take action to seek redress, including recovering compensation for your financial losses. We will work to achieve a fair outcome quickly and cost-effectively, with no need for court action in most cases, as we are usually able to agree a settlement through non-confrontational dispute resolution, including negotiation and mediation.
Our professional negligence lawyers have a strong track record of successfully securing compensation in claims against a wide range of professionals under even the most challenging circumstances. We aim to make the process as straightforward and stress-free for you, while ensuring you achieve a positive result.
Speak to one of our professional negligence solicitors in Manchester today by calling 0161 834 4722 or request a call back and we will be in touch promptly.
Our professional negligence claims service in Manchester
Our Manchester professional negligence solicitors can assist with claims against a wide range of professionals, including:
- Financial advisors
- Insurance brokers
- Tax consultants
There is generally a 6-year time limit for bringing most types of professional negligence claims, although this depends on the circumstances and type of professional. It is therefore advisable not to delay if you think you may have grounds for a claim.
How we resolve professional negligence claims
Most professional negligence claims can be resolved without the need for court action. The Ministry of Justice has set out a process for pursuing professional negligence claims with the aim of allowing claims to be resolved as quickly as possible. This is known as the Pre-Action Protocol for Professional Negligence.
- Preliminary notice – Our first step will normally be to write to the professional you wish to make a claim against briefly outlining your complaint and the financial value of your claim.
- Letter of Claim – This will be followed up with a more detailed explanation of how their service was negligent, relevant information supporting your claim, how the professional negligence caused you specific losses and an estimate of those losses.
- Letter of Acknowledgement – The professional should provide written acknowledgement of receiving your claim within 21 days. If you do not receive a response within this time limit, we will follow this up for you to ensure your claim can keep moving forwards.
- Investigations – They have 3 months from sending their letter of acknowledgement to investigate and respond to your claim.
- Letter of Response/Letter of Settlement – The professional should then send you a written response, either accepting your claim and offering a settlement, or explaining why they reject your claim.
- Claimant’s response – You can then either choose to accept the response, including any offer of settlement, or take further action if you are not happy with their response.
While this protocol can be used for claims against most professionals, there are different protocols for healthcare professionals (the Pre-Action Protocol for the Resolution of Clinical Disputes) and construction professionals (the Construction and Civil Engineering Disputes Protocol).
Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) for professional negligence claims
If the professional does not accept responsibility, or an appropriate settlement cannot be agreed, we can often resolve the matter quickly and cost-effectively through Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR).
Also known as ‘non-confrontational dispute resolution’ this includes methods such as negotiation and mediation, which are intended to allow both parties to agree a mutually acceptable solution without the need for court action.
If we believe court action is the best option, however, our professional negligence solicitors have the experience and expertise needed to present your case effectively and give you the strongest chance of a favourable outcome.
Why choose Fieldings Porter’s Manchester professional negligence solicitors?
Our professional negligence claims team has decades of experience helping individuals and businesses to take action against a wide range of professionals. With a strong track record of success, we are recognised as one of the leading Manchester law firms working in the area of professional negligence.
We are an accredited Investor in People, recognising our commitment to offering the best possible training to our team. We are Lexcel accredited by the Law Society, reflecting the quality of our practice management and client care. Our firm is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA), ensuring that we continue to maintain the highest legal and professional standards at all times.
Get in touch with our professional negligence specialists in Manchester
If you wish to start a professional negligence claim in Manchester or the surrounding area, contact us now by calling 0161 834 4722 or request a call back for a swift response.