At Fieldings Porter we understand that our legal help is required at some of the most difficult times in people’s lives.
Appointments are available from 8am at the Bolton office.
Our experienced team of family law solicitors can offer prompt, practical and sympathetic advice tailored to your individual needs and requirements in the following areas:
- Divorce & associated financial matters
- Dissolution of Civil Partnership & associated financial matters
- Financial matters following separation after cohabitation (unmarried couples)
- Pre-Nuptial and Post-Nuptial agreements
- Separation agreements
- Cohabitation or Living Together agreements for unmarried couples
- The arrangements for children including, Child Arrangement Orders, Prohibited Steps Orders, Specific Issue Orders, Special Guardianship Orders, Parental Responsibility and Parenting Plans
- Where there is local authority children’s services involvement with children such as Pre-proceedings meetings, Care and Interim Care Orders, Supervision and Interim Supervision Orders, Emergency Protection Orders, Police Protection Orders, Placement Orders or if a child is on the Child Protection Register
- Domestic abuse for example, harassment, injunctions, Non-Molestation Orders and Occupation Orders
You can rely on our Family Law Solicitors for comprehensive legal advice
Sometimes being able to advise effectively on Family Law issues involves knowledge and understanding of other areas of law. For example, in a divorce where one spouse is a shareholder of a company or business, advice regarding a Will or the tax implications of a particular transaction might be required. Here at Fieldings Porter, our family solicitors can call on the wealth of expertise of colleagues from our other departments to ensure that the advice given is the most appropriate for your circumstances and is tailored specifically to you.
Our Family law & Children Law Accreditations
We have lawyers are members of the Law Society Family Law Accreditation Scheme, the Law Society Children Law Accreditation Scheme, Resolution and the Resolution Specialist Accreditation.
We are used to advising clients in difficult emotional situations. Our professional solicitors offer prompt, practical and sympathetic advice tailored to your individual circumstances and requirements.
You will be guided through the process by a solicitor with considerable experience in advising and representing clients from all backgrounds with all types of problems and disputes.
Sometimes solving Family Law problems involves other aspects of the law. Our Family solicitors can call on the expertise of colleagues from other departments at Fieldings Porter Solicitors to advise on such issues as Company Law or tax and trust issues and the importance of making a will due to the change in your circumstances.
Fixed Fees for Some Family Law Services
We recognise that people are often concerned about how they will fund legal advice or representation. We have therefore made our legal services as affordable as possible and we now offer fixed fees in the following areas of family law:-
- Divorce and Dissolution of a Civil Partnership (both for the Applicant and the Respondent) - £550 plus Vat
- Change of Name Deed and Statutory Declaration - £185 plus Vat
1 Hour Consultation
We also appreciate that thinking about what steps you should be taking, for example, after a relationship breakdown or contact from children’s services, is a daunting prospect with many people, understandably, not knowing where to start. With this in mind we offer a consultation of up to an hour with one of our solicitors which is followed up by a written letter of advice for £220 plus Vat.
We also remain committed to offering legal aid to our clients wherever possible and in some areas of family law legal aid is still available which means that, in certain cases, you may be entitled to free legal advice. If you think you may be eligible for legal aid please use the Online Eligibility Calculator to find out, or alternatively give us a call.