For all your legal challenges...

We're here to help

Clinical Negligence

Care Home Claims

One type of medical professional you can bring a claim against is a care home. Care homes and nursing homes owe a duty of care to their residents to ensure they are safe. 

There are situations where a care home can breach this duty of care and neglect their residents. The treatment/care given to vulnerable people, such as the elderly, must be unsatisfactorily poor and result in harm or injury.  If this has occurred, then a claim may be brought and you could receive compensation.  

Common types of care home claims include – 

  • Not providing enough food or water, which can lead to problems such as dehydration
  • Injuries or fractures as a result of the way a professional has handled the resident or workers failing to supervise the resident
  • Medication and prescription errors – for example, giving incorrect medication or a missed prescription 
  • Other neglect