For all your legal challenges...

We're here to help


Arrangements for Children

At Fieldings Porter we understand that the breakdown of a relationship can be an emotional and stressful experience, not only for the adults involved but also for the children.  Issues such as with whom and where the children are to live and how often the children should see the other parent are not always easy to resolve. Our job is not only to know what the law says but also to ensure that it is applied in the best interests of the children. 

We can offer advice on:

  • Child Arrangements Orders (who a child lives with and how much time they spend with the other parent)
  • Prohibited Steps Orders
  • Specific Issue Orders
  • Parental Responsibility
  • Parenting Plans
  • Mediation
  • Changing a child’s name
  • Children moving abroad or to a different area of the country

Our Family Department includes members of the Law Society Children Panel, Law Society Family Panel and Resolution. Our solicitors have experience of acting on behalf of children, parents, grandparents and other family members in cases concerning the arrangements for children.

What are our fees?

We appreciate that every case is different and we therefore offer a bespoke level of service in relation to all matters. Under this scheme we charge clients at an hourly rate for the work that we do for them.

We can assess your eligibility for legal aid. For more information on our fees, please click here. If you think you might be eligible for legal aid, please click here for a link to the legal aid eligibility calculator, or alternatively, contact us for an assessment.

We also appreciate that thinking about what steps you should be taking is a daunting prospect with many people, understandably, not knowing where to start. With this in mind we offer a consultation of up to an hour with one of our solicitors which, is followed up by a written letter of advice for £200 plus VAT.

If you want any further advice about children matters then please do not hesitate to contact us.